Sunday, May 21, 2006

Latest Movie:
Memoirs of a Geisha

Here's my two cents:
The first twenty minutes of this movie were dragging. It didn't pique my interest until Xiyi Zhang came into the "picture". I had a feeling that I'd like this movie because I'm a big fan of "period pieces". I like to be taken back to a different time: to visit the society and time of the characters. Travel is much more broad when you think of travelling through the times and not only the places.
I had no idea that this movie was about love. It was a great surprise because I thought there was such a powerful example of the impact of love. I had a feeling/ predicted the outcome, but it unfolded in such a beautiful and captivating way.
I would definately recommend this movie. I know when a movie was excellent (to me) when I don't want the movie to end, and when I wish I were part of the story. As long as you wait out the first part- the rest of the movie (2.5hrs) is worth anticipating and savoring.
This was the best movie I've seen in a while. My previous favorite movie was "The Notebook."

1 Comments:

Blogger . said...

I loved the notebook too

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Leave your Mark FREE GUESTBOOKS View Graffiti

webhosting