Sunday, May 07, 2006

Baby Book Mania
Yesterday, I finally rounded my photos, tools and material to finally tackle the "baby book pile". So far, I'm about six months behind!

I'm not at the point where I can go "all out" and spend uber buckeronies on the budding hobby, but it's a worthwhile endeavor. I don't have any of my own "baby" pictures. And honestly, I feel a little heartbroken over that. It's the "adoption" part of my brain that feels robbed of certain memories from the first 4.5 years of my life. =(

I've come to the realization that I can do artsy projects even though I don't have the "vision" that my husband is blessed with. I avoided and put off the baby book stuff because of the potential "investment" I'd have to make. But, with my newly upgraded creativity and resourcefulness, I can see everyday items that make nice accents to the book. The "dollar stores" are also gems for the crafty population. I don't have to go broke to give my daughter the gift of precious memories.

So far, I have a wonderful Kodak EasyShare Photo System that allows me to print/organize/size my pictures at very low cost. I bought the digital camera for our wedding pictures and now it's becoming even more invaluable. I realized that there are plenty of items that can double for "baby book" use: old magazines, baby cards, etc. Actually, my "card making" kit has the same type of supplies required for scrapbooking as well. Now I have a wonderful new use for my dusty card supplies.

My efforts may not come out "Creative Memories" quality, but it will still look beautiful and show my loving intentions. Three hours down- and I have countless hours left to devote to Jasmin's baby book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Leave your Mark FREE GUESTBOOKS View Graffiti

webhosting