Friday, April 07, 2006

A Rap Song dedicated to Jasmin...
(beat boxing in the background)
You are Kim,
and I am Chi.
We are Kim*Chi,
Kimchi.
*********************************************************
This is a comical song I thought of b/c Jasmin and I are so close. We're like two peas in a pod. We're like kim-chi. For those of you who don't know what "kimchi" is; kimchi is a Korean staple dish that accents all meals. It was first discovered a long long time ago by a cabbage farmer who was washing his cabbage crop in the ocean. He was so tired that he fell asleep with the cabbage left in the salt water. The next morning he woke up distraught that he ruined his crop. In despair, he tasted his wilted cabbage and actually found the taste palatable. Thus the "birth" of kimchi, which is pickled cabbage. Over the years, it has been adjusted and fine tuned. These days kimchi will also include onions, hot pepper, garlic and fish sauce. Other vegetables can be used in the same way, for example, cucumber and radishes. Personally, I love it! And I ate it when I was pg, so I'm sure Jasmin will like it as well.
So this Kimchi Rap is my Ode to Jasmin; tho I'm sure I'm not the first to dedicate kimchi in this way. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Leave your Mark FREE GUESTBOOKS View Graffiti

webhosting