Thursday, April 20, 2006

Little People, Big World

I hate to admit how much I enjoy watching this new reality show on TLC. It's embarrassing to say that I'm hooked on all of the "reality" genre shows. Shoot, I trying to understand my own reality- maybe I should spend more time on that. lol j/k I think too much- is my problem. Maybe that's why I indulge in the boob-tube. They sell it as "reality" tv, but it's pretty presumptuous that people out there think their lives (unaltered) would get great ratings. I'm not totally sold on the idea that the "reality" we watch isn't tweaked for ratings. Come on- this is capitalist America where money rules.

But let's get back to the "Little People" show. I love what I see. They seem like a great crazy family with a totally different perspective. I get them a lot of credit. I humorously pretend to feel solidarity with them since I'm on the smaller side of the height spectrum. They inspire me b/c even while they were dealt more challenges in their life, they have mentally erased any limitations. I feel like I'm watching a motivational show when I see them conquering the world as I know it, but with their lifestyle.

I guess that's why I like TV. It reminds me that there is a whole spectrum of life experiences out there and to make me take an out-of-body look at my life and reactions.

But why don't I just come out with it. TV cures my loneliness. Until Jasmin drills me with "Why why why" and I have people coming through my revolving front door, I need people stimulation- radio or TV.

The moral of the story is that my life could be worse- the media says so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Leave your Mark FREE GUESTBOOKS View Graffiti

webhosting